I am sure that this is not the first time you have heard the saying, “drink more water”. America is an overfed, yet dehydrated country. There are people all over the world with water problems and ours is that we just don’t drink enough water.
As I was contemplating what I was going to write along with this tip I thought I could tell you the 100’s of reasons why you need to drink more water, but I hear people say all the time, “I know I need to drink more water”. So, why if we know that our skin will be more clear, our head less foggy, our systems more regular, our weight less and our bodies overall more healthy do we not drink enough water?
The truth of the matter is we all have a choice. We can choose to drink more water or not. Some choose to make it a daily habit and then it becomes a natural part of their day. I decided that is where I would focus the attention of this specific tip-habits.
12 Ways to Make Drinking More Water a Daily Habit
- Start every morning with a glass of water: Before you drink or eat anything else drink one glass of water.
- Special Water Bottle: Buy a water bottle that is yours alone. That you will take everywhere you go and love it!
- Drink a glass of water before every meal: Whether you are cooking your own meal or waiting for your meal to come to you, drink a glass of water before the food touches your mouth.
- Hungry for a snack? Let that be a trigger that you need a glass of water.
- Flavor your water naturally: Water doesn’t have to be boring or tasteless. Add fruit or vitality essential oils to your water.
- Drink a glass of water after each bathroom break: let it be another reminder you need to drink more water.
- Love your phone?: Get the Daily Water Free App to be your water reminder and counter.
- Fill a gallon jug: Every evening fill your jug with the amount of water you need the next day and don’t go to bed until it is all gone.
- Use a Marked Water Bottle: Know how many bottles you need to drink a day and click each time you have finished one.
- Exercise more: Activity makes you thirsty and you’re more likely to drink more water.
- A glass of water as part of your bedtime routine: Start your routine with a glass of water and end it with a bathroom break.
- Challenge yourself: The best way to make a new habit is to do something for 30 straight days. Keep a challenge sheet that you mark daily and drinking more water will become a natural habit for you.
Putting It All Together
Starting new healthy habits like drinking enough water is part of living a proactive lifestyle. It’s amazing when we start adding more healthy activities into our daily lives what other positive changes just happen naturally. You may just find drinking more water gives you more energy, which then motivates you to exercise more, which inspires you to eat better, which helps you to lose a few pounds, which makes you smile more and before you know it this one new habit has changed your life.
Supporting and balancing a healthy body may not always be easy, but we can do simple things to help. If you are not sure how proactive you are currently living then I invite you to take the Wellness Quiz to find out your Wellness Score.
If your curious about what not drinking enough water is doing to your body then I highly recommend our Growing E-Course, we go into more detail about water in this Growing Email. If you would like to take part in our Free Growing E-Course click here.
I am enjoying this write 31 days challenge and I hope that you are finding these tips beneficial to living a more proactive lifestyle.
If you would like to learn more tips, click on the box. I will be adding tips daily.
Shawna Cale, Got-Oils? Administrator
I am a M.O.M: Mom on a Mission to help educate and empower other mom’s to build healthy homes and bodies, and have the energy to do the things they enjoy with their families.